Ready to develop software for renewable energy systems?
We have the job for you!
At Vela Solaris AG we are committed to making the planning of innovative energy systems simple and reliable! With our in-house developed software Polysun, we are world leaders in the digital simulation of energy systems for buildings. Renowned engineering companies, manufacturers and universities in over 40 countries rely on Polysun. Our customers realize efficient and sustainable solutions by cleverly linking all commercially available technologies – from PV, heat pumps, battery systems and energy management systems and many more.
To strengthen our software development team, we are filling a position as:
Java Developer for renewable energy systems, 80%-100%
Would you like to work with us on an innovative and digital energy future after your engineering studies or with your practical experience? Do you enjoy working with numerical models? Is it important to you to use your expertise for sustainable solutions? Then we have an offer for you!
The further development of the simulation software Polysun is your main task: Here you can optimally apply your skills in software programming and your interest in renewable technologies and develop new technological features
- Together with your teammates, you work out the requirements for the further development of models and functionalities in Polysun and implement them directly. In doing so, you will work your way into Polysun’s dynamic time-step simulation and gradually expand your expertise in model simulation.
- We support and accompany you in the development of the necessary software engineering skills when it comes to keeping the quality of Polysun high with the help of architecture decisions, process automation and usability. We rely on git, Jenkins, Jira and an established development and quality assurance process.
- You ensure the software quality in joint code reviews.
- Bug analysis and according software improvements are also part of your tasks.
The following skills and characteristics distinguish you:
- You are passionate about developing clean modular code and have strong knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (C#, VisualBasic.NET or preferably Java) and optionally SQL.
- You bring in-depth expertise in modeling renewable energy systems (electrical and thermal) and have a relevant university or college degree or bring the necessary practical experience.
- You have a strong interest in physical processes and have ideally already developed software in the field of renewable energy systems (e.g. photovoltaics, battery storage, thermal energy systems).
- You are fluent in German and English.
We make sure that you can live up to your full potential:
- We take the time to train you on the job. We support you in your desire for continuous personal and professional development.
- You will constantly learn new things and take on extremely exciting tasks at the pulse of the future in the energy, IT and construction industries.
- Creativity is important to us – we will ensure that you are given the necessary space to think outside of the box.
- With us you will work in a modern working environment. You decide whether you want to use our central and friendly office in Winterthur or work from your home office and also benefit from flexible working hours.
- A top team is waiting for you. We support you with questions, are helpful and extremely competent.
Does our job advertisement appeal to you?
Then we are looking forward to getting to know you! Please send your application documents by e-mail to Angela Krainer, firstname.lastname@example.org.